ABOUT THE ROLE
An early years educator has key person responsibility to help ensure children in their care feel safe and secure. An early years educator will:
- Typically work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes and as childminders.
- Either be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by the Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five years old.
- Have the role of observing children’s development and shaping their learning experience through activities and teaching.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Achieve 3 essential childcare qualifications in 18 months.
- Receive industry-leading qualifications from recognised awarding bodies.
- Develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and behaviours that will advance your career in the early years sector.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Early Years Educator Level 3 course provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to become a Level 3 certified childcare professional. Our course is expertly tailored to the job role of an early years educator and will teach you:
- The skills required to ensure young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
- How to support children to develop numeracy and language skills and meets the care needs of children, including feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine.
- The fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to create a concrete platform for professional development within the childcare sector.
This course is also a progression route for learners who have completed the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course.
Early years educators, nursery nurses, childminders and nursery assistants.
NCFE CACHE, Skillsfirst and Qualsafe Awards
Up to £360 employer contribution inc. VAT or £6,000 apprenticeship levy
Note: apprenticeship courses are paid for by the employer and/or the UK government and learners are not required to contribute towards the course cost in any way.
The Early Years Educator Level 3 course is delivered over 18 months. At the end of month 15, we allow a three-month period for learners to prepare for and sit their End-Point Assessment.
All our tutors have an employment background in childcare and real-world exposure to the early years educator job role requirements. As a business, we invest heavily in CPD and our tutors receive regular training to ensure we are continually improving our service. Our tutors are all certified, DBS checked and quality checked to ensure you receive the very best training and support throughout the programme.
During the Early Years Educator Level 3 course, you will complete two additional qualifications as part of your on-programme learning:
The Qualsafe Awards Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
This qualification will teach practitioners a range of relevant topics including the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider, the assessment of an emergency situation, how to place a child in the recovery position, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and the provision of first aid to children with external bleeding or a foreign body airway obstruction or to those suffering from burns and scalds, anaphylaxis or injuries to their bones. You will also learn how to administer first aid to an infant or child with head and spinal injuries, to those with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose, and how to understand and complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
The Skillsfirst Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Awarded by Skillsfirst, this diploma will prepare you to become an early years educator, enabling you to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years as a qualified and skilled practitioner. The level 3 diploma aims to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the early years workforce. Achieving this qualification confirms competence and will provide you with the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements to be able to work in the childcare sector.
Want to know more? Enquire now…