GRANTS & SUPPORT
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers is a government grant administered by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and National Apprenticeship Service (NAS). The Grant is designed to support businesses that would not otherwise be in a position to recruit 16-24 through an apprenticeship programme. It has a value of £1,500 per apprentice and a maximum of 5 grants can be awarded to an employer, subject to strict eligibility criteria and budget availability.
To apply for the Grant, you must confirm that you:
- are not able to recruit an apprentice without the Grant
- have fewer than 50 employees in the UK
- have not had an employee start an apprenticeship in the 12-month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the Grant*
- commit to employ your apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the apprenticeship programme, or the time it takes them to complete their apprenticeship – whichever is the greater
- confirm you are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the Grant
- agree to pay the apprentice no less than the legal minimum requirements
We’ll discuss the eligibility criteria and timelines with you in more detail prior to your apprentice’s enrolment, but if you would like any further information in the meantime, please visit the Grant site or contact us using the details below.
Please note, whilst we will facilitate your application and support you through the process, Apprenticeship Connect has no control over Grant budget availability or the ESFA’s decision regarding your eligibility.
Depending on your location, there may be additional regional grants available from your local council or other sources. Please contact us to find out more.
*When the ESFA check whether you have had an apprentice in the previous 12 months, they take apprenticeship enrolment dates from the apprentices’ Individualised Learner Record submitted by their training provider. An apprentice is any employee who has enrolled onto an ESFA-funded apprenticeship framework, regardless of whether they were recruited into your company as an apprentice, or they were an existing employee who completed a funded apprenticeship programme as part of their CPD.