ABOUT THE ROLE
An early years practitioner supports the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes in childcare settings. An early years practitioner will:
- Typically work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes and as childminders.
- Normally report to senior early years professionals and support the team within their setting to deliver quality childcare.
- Work to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five years old.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Achieve 2 childcare qualifications in 15 months.
- Obtain your licence to practice and receive industry-leading qualifications.
- Develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and behaviours to set the foundation for your career in childcare.
- Access our range of extracurricular CPD sessions to further your professional development:
Click here to find out more about our extracurricular CPD sessions.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to become a certified childcare professional. Our course is expertly tailored to the job role of an early years practitioner and will teach you:
- The skills required to support childcare professionals to ensure young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
- How to support children to develop numeracy and language skills and meets the care needs of children, including feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine.
- The knowledge to create a concrete platform for professional development within the childcare sector and enable progression to the Early Years Educator Level 3 apprenticeship programme.
Assistant childminders, early years practitioners, nannies and early years workers, nursery assistants, nursery nurses and practitioners.
NCFE CACHE and Skillsfirst
Up to £240 employer contribution inc. VAT or £4,000 apprenticeship levy
Note: apprenticeship courses are paid for by the employer and/or the UK government and learners are not required to contribute towards the course cost in any way.
The Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course is delivered over 15 months. At the end of month 13, we allow a three-month period for learners to prepare for and sit their End-Point Assessment.
All our tutors have an employment background in childcare and real-world exposure to the early years practitioner job role requirements. As a business, we invest heavily in CPD and our tutors receive regular training to ensure we are continually improving our service. Our tutors are all certified, DBS checked and quality checked to ensure you receive the very best training and support throughout the programme.
During the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 course, you will complete an additional qualification as part of your on-programme learning:
The Skillsfirst Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (RQF)
This qualification will prepare you to become an early years practitioner, equipping you with knowledge and understanding of babies and young children with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The level 2 diploma aims to guide and assess your development of knowledge and skills relating to the early years workforce. Achieving this qualification confirms your competence and will provide you with the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements to be able to work in the childcare sector.
If you are looking for a higher-level early years apprenticeship, we also offer a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship and a Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship.
Want to know more? Enquire now…