Job title: Early Years Apprentice – Apprenticeship
Location: Feltham, TW13
Wage: £200 per week
Start date: ASAP
Apprenticeship courses available: Childcare Level 2-3
My client is a family run nursery setting, who opened their first nursery in 2004 and now have nurseries across the UK.
- On-the-job training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Retail discounts
- Discounted travel
Job duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- Keep well-informed of legislation, guidelines and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- To monitor any safeguarding issues following organisation and local authority procedures.
- After your settling in period and successful observations as determined by your mentor, you will be required to keep an accurate ‘Learning Journey’ file on your key children, for parents to look at and comment in, sharing with them every six weeks.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the setting.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children, ensuring that their needs are met.
- To carry out appropriate indoor and outdoor equipment checks, checking the garden before each use.
- To ensure the setting is kept clean and hygienic at all times and to carry out cleaning duties throughout the day following the Infection Control Policy.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a good sound use of the English Language
- Valid Pediatric First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain), Health and Safety awareness and Safeguarding training would be desired
- Have some experience of working with children, preferably in an early years setting (desired)
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.