Job title: Nursery Assistant – Apprenticeship
Location: Finchley, N2
Wage: £160 Per Week
Start date: ASAP
Apprenticeship courses available: Childcare, Level 2-3
My client is a nursery who aim to provide a “home from home” environment for their children, to assist them in developing meaningful relationships with peers, adults and carers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team providing care, play and activities appropriate to the age and ability of the child.
- To interact sensitively with children in groups and individually to promote confidence and self-esteem.
- To carry out observations of children and use this to plan for their individual needs and record children’s progress regularly.
- To assist with ordering, preparing, serving and supervising of children’s food and drink, paying attention to individual dietary or religious requirements.
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To understand and implement the nursery’s Risk Assessment and Health & safety policies and reporting procedures.
- To undertake routine cleaning and laundry tasks as needed to keep nursery equipment and resources’ hygienic and safe for use.
- To actively promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children, including children with special educational needs.
- To keep abreast with and adhere to the nursery’s child protection policy.
- To take part in an annual staff appraisal and personal development plan.
- To undertake any training needed to keep up to date with current approaches in and changes to childcare.
- To take part in fundraising activities, parents evenings and staff meetings as necessary.
- To work within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, Nursery policies and procedures
- To aid in the upkeep and cleanliness of the nursery.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Genuine interest in aiding the learning and development of children
- IT skills
- Good communication
- Organisation skills
- Good time keeping/time management
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.